A fantastic dessert wine from France. Montbazillac is known as a 'stunt double' for the much more expensive Sauternes. The rare "Madame" is only made in the finest of vintages and a tiny amount is produced - only 50 cases imported to the US.
99 Points Robert Parker: "The Cuvee Madame may be one of the two or three greatest sweet wines I have ever tasted. Only 20 cases of this wine, harvested grape by grape from five to six passes in the vineyard per day, were made from yields of 5 hectoliters per hectare (approximately one-fifth ton of fruit per acre). It tastes like the essence of orange marmalade infused with honey, and some flowery, fruit cocktail concoction. The wine boasts extraordinary purity, and exceptional sweetness, all buttressed by refreshing acidity. Aged in 100% new oak, the wine reveals no evidence of wood, no doubt because of its phenomenal extract. These wines will be nearly impossible to find, but I hope those few lucky enough to latch onto a few 500 ml bottles will lay some away and taste them against the greatest vintages of Chateau d'Yquem or Climens. An astonishing discovery!"
We've scoured the European continent in the search of great buys, tasting through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A great way to try our current red discioveries from France, Italy, Spain and Portugal! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Domaine des Bousquets 2011 "Le Lieu Dit" Gigondas, France ($49.99) Provence's Grand Cru Bandol from Kermit Lynch
- Pecchenino 2015 Dolcetto di Dogliani 'San Luigi' Italy ($24.99) A fantastic "big red" discovery from Italy
- St Cosme 2011 Cotes du Rhone "Les Deux Albions" France ($24.99) 92 Parker - from one of the Rhone's finest producers
- Quinta do Crasto 2012 Riserva Old Vines Red, Duoro (Portugal) ($39.99) 93 Points - From one of Portugal's top wineries
- Domaine de Bila Haut 2014 "Occultum Lapidem" Cotes du Roussillon-Villages, France ($34.00) 96 Points Parker - awesome Rhone red
- Terrabianca 2011 Campaccio Toscana Rosso, Italy - $29 - 93 point Super Tuscan Best Buy
On a recent trip to the island of Mallorca in Spain, we discoved this great regal red blend and are excited to bring it to the US - California Cabernet fans will love it.
An elegant, dark-ruby colored wine with a subtle shade of garnet. Aromas of spice, nuts, fennel and licorice, combined with a well-integrated underlying taste of mature fruit and wood. 65% Manto Negro, 15% Callet, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Syrah, 5% Merlot
Hurry - we are one of the few US retailers to have this gem for our US customers.