We've done the picking for you! Each Cabernet Sampler contains one bottle of 6 of our favorite small-production Napa Cabernets so you can't go wrong. We've already built a 10% discount into the final price. Each 6-pack contains one bottle each of:
1) Hall 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley - $44.99 - 95 Points Wine Spectator
2) Stephanie 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley - $49.99 - new vintage of a favorite
3) Terra Valentine 2014 Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley - $39.99
4) Blackbird 2013 "Arise" Cabernet, Napa Valley -$49.99 - great new release
5) Grassi 2013 Cabernet Sauvigon, Napa Valley - $65 - 95
6) Hollis 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley - $39.99 - our best find under $40
*gift card available at checkout
The second vintage of Dave Phinney's Disciples Red, the 2015 has arrived. The new Prisoner! Limited.
previous vintage 94 Points Robert Parker: "The Disciples Proprietary Blend, which is made from 93% Zinfandel and 7% Petite Sirah tips the scales at 15.7% alcohol. The Zinfandel plantings date from the 1880s and were better known as the source for Biale’s Old Crane Zinfandel. This wine displays spicy, peppery steak tartare, roast Provençal herbs, and briary black cherry and blackberry fruit. It has terrific body, length, richness and viscosity. It is a sensational Zinfandel to drink over the next 5-7 years."
From the new winery The Crane Assembly, the Disciples 2014 Red has quite a back story. In August of 2012, four friends (Dave Phinney, Darryl Browman, Kevin A. Fox and Bryan D. Sandoli) stood in the middle of a block of hundred year old Zinfandel. The vineyard was planted by George Beldon Crane in the late nineteenth century and is one of the icons of the Napa Valley. Hours earlier they had signed the paperwork to buy the vineyard and it was just in the nick of time...they picked the grapes the next morning. Since that first year wines were made from our G.B. Crane Vineyard under the el Coco label and the GB Crane label.