We've scoured the European continent in the search of great buys, tasting through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A great way to try our current red discioveries from France, Italy, Spain and Portugal! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Domaine Jerome Gradassi 2017 Chateauneuf-du-Pape, France ($49.99) An exclusive
- Descendientes de J. Palacios 2017 'Petalos' de Bierzo, Spain ($19.99) A beautiful red from Spain
- St Cosme 2017 Cotes du Rhone "Les Deux Albions" France ($24.99) 92 Parker - from one of the Rhone's finest producers
- Quinta do Crasto 2016 Riserva Old Vines Red, Duoro (Portugal) ($41.99) 93 Points - From one of Portugal's top wineries
- Arbalest 2015 Red Bordeaux, France - ($19.99) - a smoking buy
- Black Slate 2017 La Vilella Alta, Priorat Spain - ($23) - 93 point Spanish Best Buy
★ 95 Points
A blockbuster new Cabernet blend from Hestan Vineyards. Usually only available to mailing list members we have a small amount of this tiny production Cabernet while our allocation lasts!
The fourth vintage of Dave Phinney's Disciples Red, the 2017 has arrived. The new Prisoner! Limited.
93 Points Robert Parker: "A blend of 76% Zinfandel, 13% Charbono, 6% Grenache and 5% Petite Sirah, the 2016 Disciples is medium to deep garnet-purple in color with gorgeous notions of hoisin, Black Forest cake, prunes and potpourri with hints of black pepper, unsmoked cigars and cloves. Full-bodied, rich, opulent and oh-so-spicy, it fills the palate with decadent fruit and a plush texture, finishing with a lively lift."
From the new winery The Crane Assembly, the Disciples Red has quite a back story. In August of 2012, four friends (Dave Phinney, Darryl Browman, Kevin A. Fox and Bryan D. Sandoli) stood in the middle of a block of hundred year old Zinfandel. The vineyard was planted by George Beldon Crane in the late nineteenth century and is one of the icons of the Napa Valley. Hours earlier they had signed the paperwork to buy the vineyard and it was just in the nick of time...they picked the grapes the next morning. Since that first year wines were made from our G.B. Crane Vineyard under the el Coco label and the GB Crane label.