We've scoured the European continent in the search of great buys, tasting through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A great way to try our current red discioveries from France, Italy, Spain and Portugal! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Domaine Jerome Gradassi 2015 Chateauneuf-du-Pape, France ($49.99) An exclusive
- Pecchenino 2015 Dolcetto di Dogliani 'San Luigi' Italy ($24.99) A fantastic "big red" discovery from Italy
- St Cosme 2013 Cotes du Rhone "Les Deux Albions" France ($24.99) 92 Parker - from one of the Rhone's finest producers
- Quinta do Crasto 2015 Riserva Old Vines Red, Duoro (Portugal) ($41.99) 93 Points - From one of Portugal's top wineries
- Domaine de Bila Haut 2014 "Occultum Lapidem" Cotes du Roussillon-Villages, France ($34.00) 96 Points Parker - awesome Rhone red
- Terrabianca 2011 Campaccio Toscana Rosso, Italy - $29 - 93 point Super Tuscan Best Buy
The second vintage of Dave Phinney's Disciples Red, the 2015 has arrived. The new Prisoner! Limited.
previous vintage 94 Points Robert Parker: "The Disciples Proprietary Blend, which is made from 93% Zinfandel and 7% Petite Sirah tips the scales at 15.7% alcohol. The Zinfandel plantings date from the 1880s and were better known as the source for Biale’s Old Crane Zinfandel. This wine displays spicy, peppery steak tartare, roast Provençal herbs, and briary black cherry and blackberry fruit. It has terrific body, length, richness and viscosity. It is a sensational Zinfandel to drink over the next 5-7 years."
From the new winery The Crane Assembly, the Disciples 2014 Red has quite a back story. In August of 2012, four friends (Dave Phinney, Darryl Browman, Kevin A. Fox and Bryan D. Sandoli) stood in the middle of a block of hundred year old Zinfandel. The vineyard was planted by George Beldon Crane in the late nineteenth century and is one of the icons of the Napa Valley. Hours earlier they had signed the paperwork to buy the vineyard and it was just in the nick of time...they picked the grapes the next morning. Since that first year wines were made from our G.B. Crane Vineyard under the el Coco label and the GB Crane label.