Can't decide which Chardonnays to try? We've done the work for you by selecting a mixed case (12 bottles) of our favorite current Chardonnays from top California producers.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Peirson-Meyer 2017 "Sophia's" Chardonnay, Russian River Valley ($45) From winemaker Robbie Meyer
- Pahlmeyer 2018 'Jayson' Chardonnay ($49.99) Blockbuster second-label Chard from cult-producer Pahlmeyer
- Patz & Hall 2017 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay ($41.99) From the Dutton Ranch Vineyard made famous by Kistler!
- Ramey 2018 "Fort Ross-Seaview" Chardonnay ($45) 96 Points Wine Enthusiast "Editor's Choice"
- Joseph Phelps 2018 Freestone Vineyards Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast ($49.99) - 95 points
- Paul Hobbs 2018 Chardonnay Russian River Valley ($54.99) 92 pts - fantastic new release
Price reflects 10% case discount already built in!
4 Kilos was started in 2006 by two friends on Mallorca, Francesc Grimalt and Sergio Caballero, who had been working in other wineries and wanted to do their own thing. We're excited to have the small-production wines in the U.S. for the first time!
Francesc is a Mallorcan winemaker known for working with native grape varieties. His partner Sergio Caballero is a musician and director of the Sonar music festival. Together they started 4 Kilos in 2006, garagiste-style, vinifying their first vintage in milk refrigeration units on a sheep farm (Mallorca has lots of these). By the next year they were able to ‘upgrade’ another old sheep farm into a winery to make their line-up of 3 wines, all from indigenous varieties grown organically by small farmers. This is a very small operation trying to work with traditional lesser known local grapes, fermenting naturally, and avoiding any additives including sulfur.
4kilos 2019 “Motor Blanc” is 100% Callet, a grape native to the island; aged three months in clay vats and two months in stainless steel, this is a natural wine that offers fresh, lightly funky aromas and tart strawberry fruit that blended with hints of soil and fresh herbs
One of the best Napa Valley Sauvignon Blancs we've discovered.
The Altamura 2016 Sauvignon Blanc comes from the winery's 4-acre 18-year-old dry-farmed vineyard which sits at an altitude of 850 feet. The wine is fermented and aged in new French oak barrels for 18 months resulting in a wine of great depth and complexity, displaying the flavor and textural profile more like a white Bordeaux than a California Sauvignon Blanc. Very limited production of 500 cases.