Casa Lapostolle's 'Clos Apalta' is perhaps the finest wine ever to come out of Chile. Truly hand-crafted, Clos Apalta is hand-harvested at night, enhancing the fruit used to make wine, while also reducing energy use at the winery, since there is no need for additional cooling in the cellar. Limited.
96 Points Wine Spectator: "'This gorgeous wine deftly balances polished cassis, dark cherry reduction and blueberry notes on a compact frame. Structured, with silky tannins lining the long finish that lingers on with hints of apple wood, spice box and underbrush. Carmenère, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot. Best from 2014 through 2020."
We've scoured the European continent in the search of great buys, tasting through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A great way to try our current red discioveries from France, Italy, Spain and Portugal! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Domaine des Bousquets 2011 "Le Lieu Dit" Gigondas, France ($49.99) Provence's Grand Cru Bandol from Kermit Lynch
- Pecchenino 2015 Dolcetto di Dogliani 'San Luigi' Italy ($24.99) A fantastic "big red" discovery from Italy
- St Cosme 2011 Cotes du Rhone "Les Deux Albions" France ($24.99) 92 Parker - from one of the Rhone's finest producers
- Quinta do Crasto 2012 Riserva Old Vines Red, Duoro (Portugal) ($39.99) 93 Points - From one of Portugal's top wineries
- Domaine de Bila Haut 2014 "Occultum Lapidem" Cotes du Roussillon-Villages, France ($34.00) 96 Points Parker - awesome Rhone red
- Terrabianca 2011 Campaccio Toscana Rosso, Italy - $29 - 93 point Super Tuscan Best Buy