The last few vintages have been phenomenal for Napa Cabernets. We tasted through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A must for any Cabernet-lover! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- White Rock 2016 Claret, Napa Valley ($49) Our favorite small-production Cabernet producer in the Stags Leap District.
- Stephanie 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley ($49.99) 96 Points Wine Enthusiast - a great small discovery!
- Turnbull 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley ($50) 93 pts
- Terra Valentine 2015 Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley ($39.99) Great new discovery from Spring Mountain
- Round Pond 2018 "Kith & Kin" Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley ($39.95) Fantastic new Cabernet
- Frank Family 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley ($49.99) Famous for their Chardonnay, their new Cabernet one of the sleepers of the vintage.
★ 95 Points
A blockbuster new Cabernet blend from Hestan Vineyards. Usually only available to mailing list members we have a small amount of this tiny production Cabernet while our allocation lasts!
The fourth vintage of Dave Phinney's Disciples Red, the 2017 has arrived. The new Prisoner! Limited.
93 Points Robert Parker: "A blend of 76% Zinfandel, 13% Charbono, 6% Grenache and 5% Petite Sirah, the 2016 Disciples is medium to deep garnet-purple in color with gorgeous notions of hoisin, Black Forest cake, prunes and potpourri with hints of black pepper, unsmoked cigars and cloves. Full-bodied, rich, opulent and oh-so-spicy, it fills the palate with decadent fruit and a plush texture, finishing with a lively lift."
From the new winery The Crane Assembly, the Disciples Red has quite a back story. In August of 2012, four friends (Dave Phinney, Darryl Browman, Kevin A. Fox and Bryan D. Sandoli) stood in the middle of a block of hundred year old Zinfandel. The vineyard was planted by George Beldon Crane in the late nineteenth century and is one of the icons of the Napa Valley. Hours earlier they had signed the paperwork to buy the vineyard and it was just in the nick of time...they picked the grapes the next morning. Since that first year wines were made from our G.B. Crane Vineyard under the el Coco label and the GB Crane label.