Zinfandel is California's unique varietal and its a great time to be a Zin lover. We tasted through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A must for any Zin-fantatic! 10% c ase discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Old Ghost 2014 Old Vine Zinfandel, Napa Valley ($37) A scary delicious zin with a rabid cult following.
- Gamba 2014 Starr Road Ranch Old Vines Zinfandel, Russian River Valley ($45) One of Californi'as best undiscovered Zin producers
- Valdez 2013 Boticelli Vineyard Zinfandel ($41) One of our favorite small Zin producers in California
- D-Cubed 2012 Zinfandel, Napa Valley ($25) One of our top Zin picks from the vintage.
- Hendry 2013 Block 7 & 22 Zinfandel, Napa Valley ($35) 96 points
- Elyse 2012 Morisoli Vineyard Zinfandel, Napa Valley ($37) Another stunning Zinfandel from Elyse from the heart of Napa's Rutherford Bench.
A perennial best buy in Napa Valley Zinfandel!
Beuhler 2011 Napa Valley Zinfandel is a mix of their estate vineyards and grapes from other select Napa Valley high quality, low-yielding vineyards. Dry-farmed for over 23 years, the 4.5 acre estate block consists of mature thirty-eight year old vines which typically give around 2.5 tons/acre of beautiful hillside Zinfandel fruit. Interspersed among the head-trained vines are a handful of Petite Sirah vines representing perhaps 5% of the total vines in this block. A traditional field companion to Zinfandel in pre-prohibition California vineyards, Petite Sirah contributes pepper, color, and tannin structure to the wine.
One of the best value boutique Zinfandels in California! An intense, fruit-filled wine you expect to cost at least twice as much. If you have yet to try a Zin from Lodi, this is the one!
The Klinker Brick 2014 Old Vines Zinfandel is produced from an amalgam of 14 different vineyard blocks, ranging in age from 35 to 110 years old. This vintage saw lower yields than 2005, producing a wine that is both complex and bold. Showing typical Klinker Brick cherry/berry/plum fruit components with aromatic spices on the nose, this wine is incredibly well balanced with a silky smooth texture and a long lingering finish. One of their best!
Rockpile fruit help make Five Vintners of the best new California Zinfandels available. Grab this great small-produciton Zin while it lasts - Only 940 cases produced!
Five Vintner's Krisi Raymond of Napa's Raymond Family has struck out on her own with this fantastic new lablel. This Zinfandel blends some of the best fruit from Napa Valley and Sonoma. 42% comes from the Nichelini Vineyards in the Pope-Chiles area of Napa, 30% from Mauritson Vineyards in Dry Creek and 20% from their Rockpile Vineyard. 8% of the blend is made up of Syrah from Truchard Vineyards in Carneros. One of our best under $25 Zinfandel discoveries!