Zinfandel is California's unique varietal and its a great time to be a Zin lover. We tasted through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A must for any Zin-fantatic! 10% case discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Old Ghost 2018 Old Vine Zinfandel, Napa Valley ($39) A scary delicious zin with a rabid cult following.
- Gamba 2019 Old Vines Zinfandel, Russian River Valley ($45) One of California's best undiscovered Zin producers
- Macauley 2018 Old Vines Zinfandel Napa Valley ($53) One of our favorite small Zin producers in California
- Frank Family 2018 Zinfandel, Napa Valley ($36) One of our favorite new producers and a best buy.
- Hendry 2017 Block 7 & 22 Zinfandel, Napa Valley ($35) 96 points
- Bedrock 2020 Evanghelho Vineyard Zinfandel, Contra Costa ($36) Another stunning Zinfandel from Bedrock and California's heirloom vineyards.
One of the best value boutique Zinfandels in California from Klinker Brick! An intense, fruit-filled wine you expect to cost at least twice as much. If you have yet to try a Zin from Lodi, this is the one!
The Klinker Brick Old Vines Zinfandel is produced from an amalgam of 14 different vineyard blocks, ranging in age from 35 to 110 years old. This vintage saw lower yields, producing a wine that is both complex and bold. Showing typical Klinker Brick cherry/berry/plum fruit components with aromatic spices on the nose, this wine is incredibly well balanced with a silky smooth texture and a long lingering finish. One of their best!
93 Points WS
Always one of the favorite California Zins we carry.
93 Points Wine Spectator: "Plump and luscious, this is jam-packed with fruit. Lively blackberry, pepper and other spice box aromas lead to ripe and rich flavors of black raspberry, caramel and licorice. There are more complex Zinfandels, but few that are more enjoyable to drink. Drink now through 2025."
Wine Enthusiast: "You could use this as a teaching tool for classic Sonoma County Zinfandel. It's full-bodied, dry and spicy, with briary flavors of wild berries, mocha, tobacco, leather and exotic spices. More importantly, it's absolutely delicious. The grapes come from Seghesio's best vineyards in the Alexander and Dry Creek valleys. An astonishing value."