Zinfandel is California's unique varietal and its a great time to be a Zin lover. We tasted through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A must for any Zin-fantatic! 10% case discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Old Ghost 2016 Old Vine Zinfandel, Napa Valley ($37) A scary delicious zin with a rabid cult following.
- Gamba 2017 Old Vines Zinfandel, Russian River Valley ($45) One of California's best undiscovered Zin producers
- Macauley2016 Old Vines Zinfandel Napa Valley ($46) One of our favorite small Zin producers in California
- Frank Family 2017 Zinfandel, Napa Valley ($36) One of our favorite new producers and a best buy.
- Hendry 2015 Block 7 & 22 Zinfandel, Napa Valley ($35) 96 points
- Bedrock 2018 Evanghelho Vineyard Zinfandel, Contra Costa ($36) Another stunning Zinfandel from Bedrock and California's heirloom vineyards.
One of the best value boutique Zinfandels in California from Klinker Brick! An intense, fruit-filled wine you expect to cost at least twice as much. If you have yet to try a Zin from Lodi, this is the one!
The Klinker Brick 2017 Old Vines Zinfandel is produced from an amalgam of 14 different vineyard blocks, ranging in age from 35 to 110 years old. This vintage saw lower yields, producing a wine that is both complex and bold. Showing typical Klinker Brick cherry/berry/plum fruit components with aromatic spices on the nose, this wine is incredibly well balanced with a silky smooth texture and a long lingering finish. One of their best!
A fantastic $20 Old Vines Zinfandel from Carol Shelton.
91 Points Wine Spectator: "A juicy bomb of fruit, this red is also well-structured, with lively raspberry, toasty spice and roasted sage flavors that linger on a snappy finish. Drink now through 2028"
Carol Shelton has been lauded with countless medals and honors through the course of her 35-year winemaking career. In fact, she is said to be one of the most awarded winemakers in the country. Through Carol Shelton Wines, Carol could focus on whatever she chose—and she chose Zinfandel. Eager to capture all the nuances that terroir gives to this intriguing variety, Carol searched through the great California growing regions including Dry Creek Valley, Rockpile, Russian River Valley, Mendocino, and Cucamonga.