96 Points Suckling
A phenomenal Brunello di Montalcino from Tuscany and one of the top wines of the stellar 2008 vintage! Very little imported to the U.S. so hurry.
96 Points James Suckling: "I love the subtle aromas of rose petal, dark fruit and perfume that follow through to a full body, with fine tannins and a beautiful finish. It's very fine and pretty. Savory and delicate. Such finesse here. Drink or hold."
Winemaker Tasting Notes: Extremely dark and concentrated. Open, very persistent and clean with wonderful aromas of blackberries, raspberries, coffee, spices and vanilla. Rich, powerful, extremely concentrated yet elegant and velvety. The silky and ripe tannins make it particularly smooth to the palate. Loads of plum, dark cherry and licorice and a very very long finish. A wine that will keep and further improve for many years.
We've scoured the European continent in the search of great buys, tasting through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A great way to try our current red discioveries from France, Italy, Spain and Portugal! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Domaine des Bousquets 2011 "Le Lieu Dit" Gigondas, France ($49.99) Provence's Grand Cru Bandol from Kermit Lynch
- Pecchenino 2015 Dolcetto di Dogliani 'San Luigi' Italy ($24.99) A fantastic "big red" discovery from Italy
- St Cosme 2011 Cotes du Rhone "Les Deux Albions" France ($24.99) 92 Parker - from one of the Rhone's finest producers
- Quinta do Crasto 2012 Riserva Old Vines Red, Duoro (Portugal) ($39.99) 93 Points - From one of Portugal's top wineries
- Domaine de Bila Haut 2014 "Occultum Lapidem" Cotes du Roussillon-Villages, France ($34.00) 96 Points Parker - awesome Rhone red
- Terrabianca 2011 Campaccio Toscana Rosso, Italy - $29 - 93 point Super Tuscan Best Buy