A fantastic new release from Michel Gassier - limited.
94 Points Robert Parker: "The 2010 Costieres de Nimes Chateau de Nages Lou Coucardie is somewhat of an experimental cuvee launched a few years ago by Michel Gassier and his consultant, Philippe Cambie. It is a selection of very old vines and is a blend of 60% Mourvedre, 30% Grenache and 10% Syrah. The wine is aged in small barrels, of which 50% are new. Its black/purple color is accompanied by notes of mint, blueberry and blackberry liqueur, incense, camphor and charcoal. This amazing tour de force should age nicely for 10+ years."
For four generations, the Gassier family has been working in the Costieres de Nimes, and Michel Gassier and his American wife are the most recent proprietors of these biodynamically farmed vineyards. Gassier has quickly become a reference point for what can be achieved in this area just south of Chateauneuf du Pape. This 175-acre estate also produces some terrific white wines as well as a handful of other reds that I have reviewed previously. They should not be missed!
We've scoured the European continent in the search of great buys, tasting through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A great way to try our current red discioveries from France, Italy, Spain and Portugal! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Domaine des Bousquets 2011 "Le Lieu Dit" Gigondas, France ($49.99) Provence's Grand Cru Bandol from Kermit Lynch
- Pecchenino 2015 Dolcetto di Dogliani 'San Luigi' Italy ($24.99) A fantastic "big red" discovery from Italy
- St Cosme 2011 Cotes du Rhone "Les Deux Albions" France ($24.99) 92 Parker - from one of the Rhone's finest producers
- Quinta do Crasto 2012 Riserva Old Vines Red, Duoro (Portugal) ($39.99) 93 Points - From one of Portugal's top wineries
- Domaine de Bila Haut 2014 "Occultum Lapidem" Cotes du Roussillon-Villages, France ($34.00) 96 Points Parker - awesome Rhone red
- Terrabianca 2011 Campaccio Toscana Rosso, Italy - $29 - 93 point Super Tuscan Best Buy