Laura Catena, proprietor of Luca Winery, is a fourth generation vintner, who also happens to be a Harvard and Stanford educated emergency medicine physician. Following the birth of her first child, Luca, she felt compelled to create a legacy of small production Argentine wines. This Malbec is from fruit grown in the Uco Valley, and is, in typical Luca style, a big, broad shouldered, structured powerhouse of a wine.
93 Points James Suckling: "Beautiful aromas of blackberry, black licorice and spice follow through to a full body, with ultra-fine tannins and a blueberry, dark chocolate and light nut aftertaste. Drink or hold."
91 Points Robert Parker: "The 2013 Malbec comes from two old vineyards in La Consulta (Rosas and Paganoto) and some 30% from Gualtallary in the Uco Valley. It has a nose of smoke and peat intermixed with violets, plums and dark cherries. The palate has a fine texture shaped by sweet, round tannins and good freshness. This is a very tasty Malbec."
We've scoured the European continent in the search of great buys, tasting through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A great way to try our current red discioveries from France, Italy, Spain and Portugal! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Domaine des Bousquets 2011 "Le Lieu Dit" Gigondas, France ($49.99) Provence's Grand Cru Bandol from Kermit Lynch
- Pecchenino 2015 Dolcetto di Dogliani 'San Luigi' Italy ($24.99) A fantastic "big red" discovery from Italy
- St Cosme 2011 Cotes du Rhone "Les Deux Albions" France ($24.99) 92 Parker - from one of the Rhone's finest producers
- Quinta do Crasto 2012 Riserva Old Vines Red, Duoro (Portugal) ($39.99) 93 Points - From one of Portugal's top wineries
- Domaine de Bila Haut 2014 "Occultum Lapidem" Cotes du Roussillon-Villages, France ($34.00) 96 Points Parker - awesome Rhone red
- Terrabianca 2011 Campaccio Toscana Rosso, Italy - $29 - 93 point Super Tuscan Best Buy