One of the top-rated 2010 Bordeaux - limited.
97 points Robert Parker: "A very limited production cuvee, the 2010 Peby Faugeres is sold in a specially designed bottle from Silvio Denz, who also owns Lalique Crystal. It comes from the oldest portion of the Faugeres vineyard, which is actually more of a completely separate entity under Denz than it was under the previous owners. The 2010 is 100% Merlot and again 15% natural alcohol. The vines were cropped at 20 hectoliters per hectare, but harvested about a week before the harvest finished for the main Faugeres vineyard. Most observers would tend to look at this wine as a modern-style, massive, intense St.-Emilion, with an opaque purple color, a floral nose shaded by notes of blueberry liqueur intermixed with black raspberries, vanillin, subtle smoke and barrique smells. It is full-bodied and built for two decades of longevity, but should be reasonably drinkable in 5-6 years because of the 100% Merlot content. This is a thrilling wine, as it has been in nearly every vintage where it has been produced...
...Acquired by Swiss native Silvio Denz a number of years ago, this property continues to overachieve in virtually every vintage. Behind the scenes, Stephan von Neipperg, the proprietor of La Mondotte, Clos de l’Oratoire, and a number of other properties, consults on viticultural matters, while harvesting, winemaking and elevage are guided by Michel Rolland." ."
We've scoured the European continent in the search of great buys, tasting through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A great way to try our current red discioveries from France, Italy, Spain and Portugal! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Domaine des Bousquets 2011 "Le Lieu Dit" Gigondas, France ($49.99) Provence's Grand Cru Bandol from Kermit Lynch
- Pecchenino 2015 Dolcetto di Dogliani 'San Luigi' Italy ($24.99) A fantastic "big red" discovery from Italy
- St Cosme 2011 Cotes du Rhone "Les Deux Albions" France ($24.99) 92 Parker - from one of the Rhone's finest producers
- Quinta do Crasto 2012 Riserva Old Vines Red, Duoro (Portugal) ($39.99) 93 Points - From one of Portugal's top wineries
- Domaine de Bila Haut 2014 "Occultum Lapidem" Cotes du Roussillon-Villages, France ($34.00) 96 Points Parker - awesome Rhone red
- Terrabianca 2011 Campaccio Toscana Rosso, Italy - $29 - 93 point Super Tuscan Best Buy