93 Points - limited release
One of the top-rated Chateauneufs from the vintage - limited.
93 points Robert Parker's Wine Advocate: "The 2014 Châteauneuf du Pape is a beautiful wine in the vintage, and Marc compares it to the 2012. I’m not sure I agree, but there’s no denying the quality in this 2014. Sporting a deep ruby color and terrific notes of blackberries, ground herbs, pepper and Provençal spice, it shows the more forward, charming nature of the vintage and is medium to full-bodied, pure and balanced. Drink it anytime over the coming decade....
...One of the standout tasting while I working in the southern Rhône, the Perrin family, now largely under the helm of Thomas, Marc, Pierre, and Mathieu, continues to produce some of the top wines, at numerous price points, in the southern Rhône."
93 Points Vinous: "Deep ruby. Potent smoke- and peppery spice-tinged cherry and black raspberry aromas are complemented by suggestions of licorice, smoked meat and candied flowers. Densely packed and taut on entry, unfolding quickly to offer sweet black raspberry and cherry-cola flavors that are given vivacity and spine by juicy acidity. Concentrated yet energetic in style, offering excellent closing thrust, smooth tannins and lingering notes of sweet dark berries and spicecake."
We've scoured the European continent in the search of great buys, tasting through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A great way to try our current red discioveries from France, Italy, Spain and Portugal! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Domaine Jerome Gradassi 2015 Chateauneuf-du-Pape, France ($49.99) An exclusive
- Pecchenino 2015 Dolcetto di Dogliani 'San Luigi' Italy ($24.99) A fantastic "big red" discovery from Italy
- St Cosme 2013 Cotes du Rhone "Les Deux Albions" France ($24.99) 92 Parker - from one of the Rhone's finest producers
- Quinta do Crasto 2012 Riserva Old Vines Red, Duoro (Portugal) ($39.99) 93 Points - From one of Portugal's top wineries
- Domaine de Bila Haut 2014 "Occultum Lapidem" Cotes du Roussillon-Villages, France ($34.00) 96 Points Parker - awesome Rhone red
- Terrabianca 2011 Campaccio Toscana Rosso, Italy - $29 - 93 point Super Tuscan Best Buy
On a recent trip to the island of Mallorca in Spain, we discoved this great regal red blend and are excited to bring it to the US - California Cabernet fans will love it.
An elegant, dark-ruby colored wine with a subtle shade of garnet. Aromas of spice, nuts, fennel and licorice, combined with a well-integrated underlying taste of mature fruit and wood. 65% Manto Negro, 15% Callet, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Syrah, 5% Merlot
Hurry - we are one of the few US retailers to have this gem for our US customers.