A phenomenal Super Tuscan red from Italy. Very little imported to the U.S. so hurry.
95 Points James Suckling: "This is a wine that shows glorious aromas of blueberries, blackberries, violets and other flowers. Hints of green olives. Full body, with ultra fine tannins and a beautiful, polished silky tannins. Exquisite. Harmony. A blend of cabernet sauvignon and petit verdot. Best Lemartine ever. Better in 2016."
Poggio Antico is one of Italy's Top 100 Estates located in Montalcino and known for their excellent (and expensive) Brunello's. The Lemartine is an fantastic blend of Sangiovese (50%), Cabernet Sauvignon (25%) and Petit Verdot (25%). The three estate-grown varietals are vinified seperately in small French oak barrels for nine months. Once blended, they become Lemartine. This 'Super Tuscan' blend has great structure and firm yet never aggressive tannins. It generously delivers intense red and black fruit flavors and hints of leather and spices. Its complexity and minerality come from the estate's unique terroir.
We've scoured the European continent in the search of great buys, tasting through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A great way to try our current red discioveries from France, Italy, Spain and Portugal! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Domaine des Bousquets 2011 "Le Lieu Dit" Gigondas, France ($49.99) Provence's Grand Cru Bandol from Kermit Lynch
- Pecchenino 2015 Dolcetto di Dogliani 'San Luigi' Italy ($24.99) A fantastic "big red" discovery from Italy
- St Cosme 2011 Cotes du Rhone "Les Deux Albions" France ($24.99) 92 Parker - from one of the Rhone's finest producers
- Quinta do Crasto 2012 Riserva Old Vines Red, Duoro (Portugal) ($39.99) 93 Points - From one of Portugal's top wineries
- Domaine de Bila Haut 2014 "Occultum Lapidem" Cotes du Roussillon-Villages, France ($34.00) 96 Points Parker - awesome Rhone red
- Terrabianca 2011 Campaccio Toscana Rosso, Italy - $29 - 93 point Super Tuscan Best Buy
On a recent trip to the island of Mallorca in Spain, we discoved this great regal red blend and are excited to bring it to the US - California Cabernet fans will love it.
An elegant, dark-ruby colored wine with a subtle shade of garnet. Aromas of spice, nuts, fennel and licorice, combined with a well-integrated underlying taste of mature fruit and wood. 65% Manto Negro, 15% Callet, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Syrah, 5% Merlot
Hurry - we are one of the few US retailers to have this gem for our US customers.