New release of one of the finest reds we've discovered from Chile. A delicious blend of Carmenere and Cabernet.
93 points Robert Parker: "The 2008 Espiritus de Apalta is composed of 80% Carmenere and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon sourced from a vineyard planted in 1870 and aged for 14 months in 70% new French oak. A glass-coating opaque purple color, it offers up a brooding bouquet of sandalwood, exotic spices, dried herbs, lavender, blueberry, and black currant. Voluptuous on the palate with layers of spicy black fruits, nicely concealed ripe tannins, and incipient complexity, all this beauty needs is another 3-4 years of cellaring to reveal its full potential. It will provide prime drinking from 2015 to 2023. (Feb 2012)"
91 Points Wine Spectator: "This compact red slowly opens to reveal dense, layered flavors of plum sauce, fig paste, game and iron. Fresh, with integrated tannins and a long, mocha- and spice-tinged finish. Decant or set down for the short term. Carmenère and Cabernet Sauvignon. Drink now through 2014. Tasted twice, with consistent notes. 1,742 cases made. (2/29/12)"
We've scoured the European continent in the search of great buys, tasting through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A great way to try our current red discioveries from France, Italy, Spain and Portugal! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Domaine des Bousquets 2011 "Le Lieu Dit" Gigondas, France ($49.99) Provence's Grand Cru Bandol from Kermit Lynch
- Pecchenino 2015 Dolcetto di Dogliani 'San Luigi' Italy ($24.99) A fantastic "big red" discovery from Italy
- St Cosme 2011 Cotes du Rhone "Les Deux Albions" France ($24.99) 92 Parker - from one of the Rhone's finest producers
- Quinta do Crasto 2012 Riserva Old Vines Red, Duoro (Portugal) ($39.99) 93 Points - From one of Portugal's top wineries
- Domaine de Bila Haut 2014 "Occultum Lapidem" Cotes du Roussillon-Villages, France ($34.00) 96 Points Parker - awesome Rhone red
- Terrabianca 2011 Campaccio Toscana Rosso, Italy - $29 - 93 point Super Tuscan Best Buy
On a recent trip to the island of Mallorca in Spain, we discoved this great regal red blend and are excited to bring it to the US - California Cabernet fans will love it.
An elegant, dark-ruby colored wine with a subtle shade of garnet. Aromas of spice, nuts, fennel and licorice, combined with a well-integrated underlying taste of mature fruit and wood. 65% Manto Negro, 15% Callet, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Syrah, 5% Merlot
Hurry - we are one of the few US retailers to have this gem for our US customers.