Second label from Clos Fourtet, Wine Spectator's #9 Wine of the Top 100 2015!
La Closerie de Fourtet is the rare second label wine from Clos Fourtet. Only about 2,500 cases were produced of the 2012 La Closerie de Fourtet and we’re one of jsut a few retailers in the country that have it. The 2012 La Closerie comes from the same estate vineyards that produced the Robert Parker 100 point Clos Fourtet and sells for about half.
In the past, second label Bordeaux have offered tremendous value, but today the best "seconds" offer an even greater value than ever before. Better quality grapes are going in to the second label wines as the selection process for the "Grand Vin", or first wine, has gotten stricter. Essentially, more of what used to be the first wine is now bottled under the second label. The 2012 La Closerie de Fourtet is one of the best value second label wines that we have in stock right now. It’s a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon.
We've scoured the European continent in the search of great buys, tasting through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A great way to try our current red discioveries from France, Italy, Spain and Portugal! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Domaine des Bousquets 2011 "Le Lieu Dit" Gigondas, France ($49.99) Provence's Grand Cru Bandol from Kermit Lynch
- Pecchenino 2015 Dolcetto di Dogliani 'San Luigi' Italy ($24.99) A fantastic "big red" discovery from Italy
- St Cosme 2011 Cotes du Rhone "Les Deux Albions" France ($24.99) 92 Parker - from one of the Rhone's finest producers
- Quinta do Crasto 2012 Riserva Old Vines Red, Duoro (Portugal) ($39.99) 93 Points - From one of Portugal's top wineries
- Domaine de Bila Haut 2014 "Occultum Lapidem" Cotes du Roussillon-Villages, France ($34.00) 96 Points Parker - awesome Rhone red
- Terrabianca 2011 Campaccio Toscana Rosso, Italy - $29 - 93 point Super Tuscan Best Buy
On a recent trip to the island of Mallorca in Spain, we discoved this great regal red blend and are excited to bring it to the US - California Cabernet fans will love it.
An elegant, dark-ruby colored wine with a subtle shade of garnet. Aromas of spice, nuts, fennel and licorice, combined with a well-integrated underlying taste of mature fruit and wood. 65% Manto Negro, 15% Callet, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Syrah, 5% Merlot
Hurry - we are one of the few US retailers to have this gem for our US customers.