An exclusive Chateauneuf-du-Pape that is one of our favorite discoveries from the Rhone Valley. Tiny producer, great price and delicious bottle of wine make this a real winner.
The new 2015 was rated by the Revue du Vin de France (France’s most respected wine publication) as one of the 4 best Châteauneuf du Pape of the vintage – alongside Rayas, Capo de Pegau and Clos du Mont Olivet (at a price far less than those)!
We continue to hunt in the Rhône Valley for exciting emerging talent, and in Jérôme Gradassi we have struck the jackpot. Jérôme, 50 years old, was the boss and chef of a Michelin starred restaurant, L’Isle Sonnant in Avignon, until he sold it in 2003 to take up a mere 3½ hectares of vines left to him by his grandfather. In the cellar it’s all very traditional - into old stone tanks for the vinification, then a short ageing in old barrels. 75% Grenache. Scented, perfumed - very herbal and sweet on the nose - and with well-integrated fruits with a hint of cumin and white pepper. Much more accessible than most young Châteauneufs. This has the freshness of the vintage and is really a very accessible example. No rough edges. This has come on very nicely in bottle. Well done!
We've scoured the European continent in the search of great buys, tasting through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A great way to try our current red discioveries from France, Italy, Spain and Portugal! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Domaine des Bousquets 2011 "Le Lieu Dit" Gigondas, France ($49.99) Provence's Grand Cru Bandol from Kermit Lynch
- Pecchenino 2015 Dolcetto di Dogliani 'San Luigi' Italy ($24.99) A fantastic "big red" discovery from Italy
- St Cosme 2011 Cotes du Rhone "Les Deux Albions" France ($24.99) 92 Parker - from one of the Rhone's finest producers
- Quinta do Crasto 2012 Riserva Old Vines Red, Duoro (Portugal) ($39.99) 93 Points - From one of Portugal's top wineries
- Domaine de Bila Haut 2014 "Occultum Lapidem" Cotes du Roussillon-Villages, France ($34.00) 96 Points Parker - awesome Rhone red
- Terrabianca 2011 Campaccio Toscana Rosso, Italy - $29 - 93 point Super Tuscan Best Buy
On a recent trip to the island of Mallorca in Spain, we discoved this great regal red blend and are excited to bring it to the US - California Cabernet fans will love it.
An elegant, dark-ruby colored wine with a subtle shade of garnet. Aromas of spice, nuts, fennel and licorice, combined with a well-integrated underlying taste of mature fruit and wood. 65% Manto Negro, 15% Callet, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Syrah, 5% Merlot
Hurry - we are one of the few US retailers to have this gem for our US customers.