Simply put, the bang-for-the-buck factor on this huge Rhone wine is way off the charts. Robert Parker has called this wine "one of the greatest Cotes du Rhones I have ever tasted" and you won't need more than one sip to see why. No matter the vintage, the Cercius is always loaded to the brim with big, sexy fruit, but it is never overpowering.
91 Points Robert Parker: "The Cotes du Rhone Cercius Vieilles Vignes from the Plateau de Domazan, is a blend of 85% Grenache and 15% Syrah aged six months in concrete. Cercius is the Latin name for the legendary north/south whipping winds called the Mistral that dominate the southern Rhone Valley for one hundred or so days a year. The deep ruby/purple-colored 2013 Cercius boasts a stunning nose of camphor, incense, blackberries, cassis, kirsch and licorice. This full-bodied, opulent, saturated, fruit-dominated red wine is super-pure, incredibly well-balanced, full and stunning. Drink it over the next 2-3 years...
...Michel Gassier is receiving copious press (all positive and deservedly so) from French wine journalists, and he has been favorably reviewed in The Wine Advocate for nearly a decade. In this joint project with Philippe Cambie and Eric Solomon, he produces what may be his best value."
We've scoured the European continent in the search of great buys, tasting through dozens of small-producers and hand-selected our favorites for this mixed case. A great way to try our current red discioveries from France, Italy, Spain and Portugal! 10% discount already built into price.
Each 12-pack includes 2 bottles each of the following wines:
- Domaine des Bousquets 2011 "Le Lieu Dit" Gigondas, France ($49.99) Provence's Grand Cru Bandol from Kermit Lynch
- Pecchenino 2015 Dolcetto di Dogliani 'San Luigi' Italy ($24.99) A fantastic "big red" discovery from Italy
- St Cosme 2011 Cotes du Rhone "Les Deux Albions" France ($24.99) 92 Parker - from one of the Rhone's finest producers
- Quinta do Crasto 2012 Riserva Old Vines Red, Duoro (Portugal) ($39.99) 93 Points - From one of Portugal's top wineries
- Domaine de Bila Haut 2014 "Occultum Lapidem" Cotes du Roussillon-Villages, France ($34.00) 96 Points Parker - awesome Rhone red
- Terrabianca 2011 Campaccio Toscana Rosso, Italy - $29 - 93 point Super Tuscan Best Buy